Real, Atletico Madrid Transfer Bans Temporarily Lifted

Real, Atletico Madrid Transfer Bans Temporarily Lifted

FIFA has temporarily suspended the transfer bans imposed two weeks ago on Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid while world football’s governing body investigates the club appeals regarding the signing of youth players.

The FIFA appeals committee informed the clubs of the news on Friday. Atletico Madrid communicated the news to supporters via Twitter, while Real Madrid later released a one-line statement on their website.
Real Madrid’s statement read: “Real Madrid would like to communicate that the FIFA appeals committee has decided to temporarily suspend the sanctions imposed on the club.”

The Spanish clubs were notified earlier this month by FIFA that they had been banned from registering new players for the next two transfer windows after FIFA ruled that both clubs violated regulations against signing young international players.

Both clubs can now sign players while FIFA makes a determination on the appeal. The clubs had not been banned from signing players during this current transfer window, but the original sanction applied for the 2016 summer transfer window and the 2017 winter window.

Should FIFA not make a decision on the appeal by the beginning of this summer, both clubs would be eligible to sign players during the 2016 summer window. But should FIFA ultimately find that both clubs did violate the regulations against signing young international players, both could be dealt transfer bans for the duration of two windows. Press Association Sport reported that the appeals will be heard before the summer.

Related Post

West Ham 2-1 Chelsea: Mourinho sent off
views 258
The striker came on as a second-half substitute and netted with a brilliant header to give the hosts all three points, with the Portuguese and Nemanja...
Rosberg Leads Mercedes 1-2 in Russia
views 154
It’s four wins from four races for Mercedes’ Nico Rosberg in the 2016 Formula One season, as he romped to victory at the Russian Grand Prix on Sunday....
Iniesta: Messi, Suarez & Neymar Barcelona’s greatest ever attack
views 72
Andres Iniesta is delighted that Luis Suarez, one third of the greatest attacking triumvirate the midfielder says that he has ever played behind, will...
Barcelona’s Neymar not leaving for Manchester United, says agent
views 40
Neymar's agent has dismissed speculation linking the Barcelona star with a move to Manchester United. It was reported by The Sun that United wanted to...
WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Espanyol 1-1 Barcelona
views 4
Gerard Pique scored a late equaliser as Barcelona drew at Espanyol to set a club record of 22 games unbeaten at the start of the La Liga season.

SHARE WHAT YOU THINK