New images claiming to be the ‘iPhone 8’ have surfaced, revealing a device with a full-frame screen, rounded corners and nearly no bezels. The renders have also suggested that Apple is going to hide a few components from plain sight – the fingerprint sensor, front camera, 3D depth sensors and top speaker are hidden underneath the OLED display.
Although the authenticity of the drawings and renders cannot be confirmed, MacRumors noted that ‘KK’ has on several occasions shared accurate details about previous devices.
IPHONE 8 RUMORS
- Dual-lens 3D camera – Augmented reality to generate real-time views of surroundings
- Curved glass casing – Plastic OLED screen – Wireless charging – A folding element
- New 5 inch (12.7 centimeter) and 5.8 inch (14.7 centimeter) model, which will have a wraparound OLED screen
- 5.8 inch will be designed with the Touch ID finger print sensor ‘under the glass and in the active display area’
- A new ‘pure white’ model – Aluminum back will be replaced with two reinforced glass panes and a metal frame in the middle
- Facial recognition