The massacre in Las Vegas was the worst mass shooting in US history. Here is what we know so far about the incident, the victims and the gunman:
• At least 58 people were killed and at least 515 were injured when gunman Stephen Paddock opened fire on a crowd at the Route 91 Harvest country music festival on the Las Vegas Strip. The motive for the massacre remains unclear.
• The massacre started around 10:08 p.m. Sunday (1:08 a.m. ET Monday) at the Route 91 Harvest festival, Lombardo said.
• Paddock, 64, acted alone as he fired hundreds of rounds after smashing at least one hole in a hotel room window on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay.
• Dramatic audio has emerged of the moment a SWAT team stormed the hotel room. Paddock killed himself as police closed in.
• It is understood British troops enjoying time off in Las Vegas were among the first to give emergency help.
• Investigators say Paddock lived in Mesquite, Nevada, where he had no prior contact with police. He checked in to the Mandalay Bay on Thursday and had at least 10 firearms with him. Additional firearms were found at his home.
• His roommate, Marilou Danley, was out of the country at the time but is considered a “person of interest” as authorities work to bring her back to the US to question her.