After the steamy concert last month, the Booty singer is facing a lawsuit from an education group in the North African country. The group claim that JLo “”tarnished women’s honour” at the concert on May 29. Her bootylicious performance was broadcast on television and seen by two million viewers. During the show, JLo performed her usual routine of singing and dancing in slinky bodysuits with plenty of rump-shaking. The Moroccan Prime Minister Abdelilah Benkirane has ordered an investigation into the concert, saying the airing was “serious delinquency”, and that it contained “disgraceful scenes”. Adding that the channel had broadcast scenes “with sexual overtones and which were indecent and provocative to the religious and moral values of Moroccan society”.
Writing to the High Authority of Audiovisual Communication, Mr Benkirane insisted the authority “take legal measures against those responsible”. He said those responsible for the channel and its output “failed to intervene and stop the broadcast of the disgraceful scenes” as the concert was broadcast with a time delay. The lawsuit says both the 45-year-old American Idol judge and her concert promoter “disturbed public order.” If found guilty, Lopez faces a prison sentence of up to two years.