The 14-year-old girl reportedly locked the door and then used an extension cable to charge her phone as there were no plug-points in her bathroom. Her mother said she forced her way inside when her daughter did not reply to her calls.
The 40-year-old said her body was so badly electrocuted that her skin had even started to burn. The teenager was tragically still grasping a charger while the phone was lying on the floor.
The family had only recently moved to Russian capital Moscow from Moldova before the horrific tragedy on Monday, February 15.
The incident follows the death of 24-year-old Evgenia Sviridenko in February 2015, also in Moscow, after she chose to scroll through her Facebook account in the bath while charging her phone.
Freakishly, this was also just days after a 16-year-old girl died in Russia’s Bashkortostan Republic when she took a charging phone into the bathroom as she was taking a shower.