Girl, 14, ‘killed by her smartphone’ in Russia

Russian schoolgirl, 14, ‘electrocuted by her smartphone’ after dropping it in the bath while charging it

Girl, 14, ‘killed by her smartphone’ in Russia

A Russian schoolgirl drowned in the bath after she was given a massive electric shock by her phone when she dropped it in the water. Yulia Vysotskaya, 14, was charging her mobile when it slipped out of her hands at her home in Cheboksary. 

Her devastated parents ‘called an ambulance but paramedics were only able to register the schoolgirl’s death and take her body to the morgue,’ said one report citing medical sources.

This is the third such case reported in little over a year in the country despite public warnings from experts about the deadly risks of using smartphones in the bath, with one cautioning that the risks are like ‘Russian roulette’.

In December last year, Russian martial arts champion Irina Rybnikova, 15, died instantly after using her iPhone plugged into a charger while in the bath at her home in Bratsk, Siberia.

Earlier that year, a 12-year-old girl named Kseniya P was electrocuted while listening to music from her charging phone while in the bath in Bolshoe Gryzlovo village in the Serpukhovsky district of Moscow region.



Source : PTI

SHARE WHAT YOU THINK