This is the face of one of the Paris killers who allegedly sneaked into France by posing as a refugee as it emerged a woman may have been part of the eight-strong ISIS kamikaze terror squad. Serbian media claims Ahmed Almuhamed, 25, whose Syrian passport was found on the body of a suicide bomber, allegedly blew himself up at the Bataclan concert hall, where at least 89 people were slaughtered on Friday.
The newspaper, Blic, claims Almuhamed arrived with another of the bombers in Europe on the Greek island of Leros on October 3 on his way to Paris. Greek website Protothema have published ferry tickets showing a second man, Mohammed Almuhamed, who could be a relation.
Survivors have claimed that a woman was among the group shooting randomly into the crowd at the Eagles of Death Metal gig before three blew themselves up and a fourth person was shot dead by police before they could detonate their bomb.
At least 129 people died and another 99 were injured in Paris on Friday night after eight terrorists, including one as young as 15, attacked the Stade de France, restaurants and the packed Bataclan concert hall armed with AK-47s, grenades and wearing suicide vests.
One of the attackers has been named locally as homegrown terrorist Omar Ismaël Mostefai , 29, from Courcouronnes, Paris. The petty criminal was known to police as a radical and identified by the fingerprint on a severed digit found after he detonated his suicide belt. It is believed two of the bombers were carrying Syrian passports. At least two others are believed to be French while several could also be Belgian.
The disclosure that some may have entered Europe as migrants, which came amid claims of French intelligence failures, inevitably raises new security concerns about the safety of Europe’s borders. Meanwhile the black Seat Leon used by the terrorists who murdered diners outside the Casa Nostra pizza restaurant and the La Belle Équipe cafe has been found abandoned 20 minutes away in Montreuil with a cache of weapons inside. Police are believed to be looking for two suspects on the run.
- Ahmed Almuhamed, 25, believed have been in terror squad at the Bataclan concert hall before blowing himself up
- French police revealed his Syrian passport was found on a bomber’s body who registered as a refugee in Greece
- Authorities believe at least two of the terror cell traveled from Syria, through Turkey and into Greece since summer
- A second passport, from Egypt, was found on the body of another bomber who took part in the Paris terror attack
- Homegrown terrorist Omar Ismaël Mostefai , 29, identified as a gig bomber by fingerprint from severed digit
- Seven terrorists killed themselves using suicide belts while another was shot dead by police at the Bataclan gig