Belgium releases video of suspect fleeing after

Belgium releases video of suspect fleeing after

Belgian prosecutors on Thursday launched a fresh appeal for help to find the suspected surviving attacker in last month`s Brussels airport bombings, releasing a video of the escape route taken by the so-called “man in the hat”.

Police have been desperately searching for the third suspect ever since he was seen on CCTV next to the two suicide bombers who blew themselves up at the airport in coordinated attacks that also struck a Brussels metro station. A total of 32 people died.

The newly released police video shows the man, wearing a dark hat and a light-coloured jacket, fleeing the airport`s departure hall after the bombs went off at 07:58 am on March 22.

CCTV footage shows him continuing his route on foot towards central Brussels where surveillance cameras lose track of him at 09:50 am.

Along the way, the fugitive discards his jacket and at one point appears to be on the phone.

“We especially appeal to anyone who might have filmed or think they have photographed the suspect,” spokesman Eric Van der Sypt told a press conference to present the video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eso1zW-eRqg).

Related Post

11 killed in suicide attack in northeast Nigeria
views 32
KANO, Nigeria: Eleven people were killed in a suicide bomb attack on a checkpoint near the town of Biu in northeast Nigeria on Tuesday, a vigilante an...
Gunfire, explosions in Burundi kill at least five
views 54
NAIROBI: At least five people were killed in overnight clashes in Burundi, police said on Sunday, and residents reported a battle at the president's o...
London Terror Attack: Face of the Westminster attacker
views 47
Pictures have emerged of the man believed to be the suspect in a terror attack on the Houses of Parliament. He allegedly rammed a car into members of ...
Three climbers killed on Mont Blanc
views 43
Two climbers and an experienced guide have died in a fall on Mont Blanc, the mayor of the French city Chamonix said. The bodies of the three were rec...
US warships sent to Korean peninsula
views 21
The US military has ordered a navy strike group to move towards the Korean peninsula, amid growing concerns about North Korea's missile programme. The...

SHARE WHAT YOU THINK