At least 22 people have been confirmed as killed in a suspected terror attack in Manchester, UK, late on Monday night, and the football world has begun to mourn the tragic loss of life.
In addition to numerous fatalities, police say over 50 people were injured when an explosion hit outside the Manchester Arena following an Ariana Grande gig.
Nobody has yet claimed responsibility for the blast which struck as 21,000 fans were leaving the venue at the end of the Ariana Grande concert.
The horrific blast could he heard echoing through the packed arena as families tried to make their way home as the concert came to an end just after 10.40pm.
The horrific attack came as:
- At least 22 people died and a further 59 were injured
- Cops confirmed the attacker was a lone bomber who also died
- The blast happened in a foyer outside the main hall
- Cops confirmed “children” were killed in the attack
- Investigators branded the explosion “terrorism”
- In the moments after the attack, officers blew-up a suspicious item nearby
- Terrified family and friends pleaded for information on missing people online
- Theresa May suspended all election campaigning